It was a time to reflect on the past, while looking forward to our future on January 22nd. Community members, alumni, and current students joined together to walk the Halls of History, a makeshift museum that was created by school staff and students throughout the hallways of Micro Elementary.
Principal Withrow and her staff met with community members, read up on Johnston County history books, and visited the Johnston County Heritage Center to build an extensive knowledge about the school’s past.
The original school, built in 1924, was home to students in grades 1-11. Some of the very first students who attended Micro High, including Dr. Woodrow Batten who was a first grade student in 1927, were honored guests at the dedication ceremony.
Please see the links below for video coverage of this special event.